Thursday, May 26, 2011

Austin Jay Monson

We are pleased to announce the birth of our son, Austin Jay Monson. He arrived on May 23rd at 3:13 p.m., weighing 9 lbs 4 oz and measuring 21 1/2 inches. Our special little guy was born with a cleft lip and a cleft palate as well. The cleft palate has two clefts; one large one on the left that goes down to the back of his throat and a small second one on the right. He will be facing some challenges ahead, but he is a tough little guy. He does a pretty good job with feeding, and he loves to be held. We are enjoying every minute of our precious newborn. Jake is still adjusting to the situation. He's not so sure he likes sharing the spotlight. Hopefully within the next few weeks, he will adjust to the new situation. Thanks to everyones e-mails, posts, and phone calls. Sorry we haven't been able to return everyones messages, but we will when things settle down a bit. We have an appointment set up with a team in Birmingham next Thursday, so hopefully we will have a better idea of what to expect these next few months. We love you all, and we hope you enjoy some of the recent pictures.





The shot right before the "big moment."



Snugglin' with my new baby.



Some "daddy time."



A close-up shot of our sweetie!



The first "meeting." Lets just say it was interesting, and we were lucky to get this shot of them together.



On our way home! Notice the cute shirts. Jake's says "Big Brother" and Austin's says "little brother." (I am SO outnumbered at home!)



Brothers. (Funny shot, Jake isn't sure what to think!)



Me and my baby.



I forgot how tiny babies are. He looks so small in this carseat.



Settled down and ready for bed. (He did have his eyes open, but the flash from the camera was right in his face).

11 comments:

  1. Aubrey!!! He's here!!! Sooo happy you posted, I've been thinking about you so much the last few days, hoping everything went well. So glad that it did. He is darling, ad I can't believe how big he is, what a chunk. It's amazing what a few lbs on a newborn makes. Hooray for 9 lb babes, I was one too! I also LOVE the name Jay. If I ever convince Jordan to let me have a baby I want to name him that :) I hope everything goes smooth for you guys with the cleft lip and palate business. Drs are amazing, and I'm confident you'll be in good hands. Just know that you'll all be in my constant thoughts and prayers. PS... motherhood looks so good on you. You are glowing!!! You are a perfect mother. You have 2 very lucky boys. LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your sweet little boy! He is beautiful! I wish you the best of luck as you meet with the doctors and find out the best course of action for you guys. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! You can definitely tell he's a "Monson"! Jake's faces in the photos were cracking me up! What a little stinker. You can tell he's not lovin' the baby brother think quite yet. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes well at your appointment Thursday! And Aubrey, You look absolutely beautiful! I agree with the comment above; motherhood DOES look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is sooooo cute Aubrey!!! I love the last one.. I just want to snuggle him up!! And that one of him and Jake crack me up. Let the brotherly love begin! LOL :) I hope everything is going well and you are recovering ok! Keep us posted on his surgeries and whatnot. He is a little ANGEL!!!! And you look awesome. Seriously!!!! So jealous you teeny little thing you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Aubs and Gary! He is so sweet! I can't believe he was as big as he is being a couple weeks early! Gotta love a "full" little bouncing baby boy! You look incredible for just having a baby! Man! Love your blog- thanks for keeping it updated! We will keep you guys in our prayers and I have been putting your name and Austin's in the Temple every Tuesday night so know that you have lot's of love being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the new photos. The boys shirts are sooooo cute. This week I bought a few matching outfits for Auri and baby sis. It is going to be so fun to dress them similar. He is such a sweetie and I am so glad he is finally here. I know you have a lot on your plate right now, but every thing we go through makes us stronger and gives us more compassion for others. He is perfect and I know the Doctors will be able to help so much. I also can't believe how fabulous you look for just having a baby!!! Can you pass some of your secrets over this way? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I bet it feels wonderful to finally have him here. I love the pics with Jake! I remember Cambrie being the same way when I had Zane. We have a great picture of her covering her ears while he is crying.
    Good Luck with Dr. appointments. Your family is in our prayers too.
    You have good looking little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats you guys! He is BEAUTIFUL! That is SO exciting and yes, you are very much out numbered! Welcome to the club of ALL boys! You look amazing by the way and I LOVE that picture of the two boys looking at each other! SO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the boys shirts! How cute!! I am so glad you post pictures and keep your blog updated! We sure love and miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I love the photos with Jake--he totally doesn't hide his feelings. :) Glad to hear Austin is eating well. Good luck with the coming procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope everything goes well for you guys and I hope Jake is able to adjust :)

    ReplyDelete