Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pregnancy Update.

Hello Family and Friends,
We just thought we should give everyone an update on our situation with the baby. Last week at a routine visit via ultrasound, we were informed that our baby might have a cleft lip. They were not 100% sure, but based off of the ultrasound picture, they were pretty much convinced. To be sure, they sent us to a specialist in Jackson. He confirmed that Austin does have a cleft lip, but he was unable to tell if he had a cleft palate as well. We will find out after he is born. The cleft is on the left side of his face from the lip up to the nostril of the nose. We are unsure at this point how many surgeries he will be facing, but as we know more, we will let everyone know. Luckily we live within three hours of three major cities that have specialized surgeons with experience in situations with children born with cleft lip/palates. Also, due to the cleft, it could be difficult for Austin to feed, but they do make special nipples for bottles to help them, and the hospital staff here in Columbus will be able to teach us how to feed him correctly. Other than that, he seems to be a healthy little boy. We really appreciate all of the prayers that have been said on our behalf throughout this pregnancy. We are also so grateful to everyone that has helped us out and supported us through this difficult time. We are looking forward to having Austin join our family in the next couple of weeks (or earlier). We love you all.




36 weeks pregnant standing next to my Mother's Day gift. (I look like I'm about to pop).



Also, here are the ultrasound pictures.


9 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Aubrey!! We are excited for little Austin to join the family soon. Your family is in our prayers! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new planter. It's going to be beautiful on your patio.

    The scan of Austin is amazing. I can't believe how clear the images are now, and how they can help prepare us for future challenges. He's beautiful. We are looking forward to holding him soon. Love Mom Monson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless his little heart!! AND YOURS!!!!!! How are you holding up???? You are glowing Aubrey.. seriously. You look fabulous and not a week over 29! LOL For real though.. you look great!! And I also cannot get over how clear those pictures are.. he is SOOO CUTE!! I can totally see Jake in him... definitely resemblances. We will be praying for your family and I cant wait to see this little guy on the outside. You have had such a rough go, it sounds like.. Austen (which I love that name btw) is coming to such an amazing family!! Good luck Aubs!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow girl, you are so cute pregnant!!!! I just love it. Okay first of all, this is the first time I've heard you call him Austin. I LOVE that name. So perfect. Everything will go just perfect with Austin and the cleft lip/ possibly palate. Dr's are amazing now with stuff like that. He'll probably have quite a few surgeries, but they can make it look so good. (we learned about this a lot in Hygiene school, and I've known people whose babies have had this) I know a girl that has a blog, and talks all about her baby girl going through this and the surgeries and everything if you ever want to read it by the way. Just let me know. You are one tough girl, seriously you amaze me. I hope this last little while goes well for you. I'm so excited for Jake to have a little brother. Know you're in my prayers and thoughts always. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you and your family! You really are mighty. You look adorable.
    It's amazing what you can see from ultra sound pictures! It's such a blessing to be able to prepare for the future. You are a great mom!
    Your little family will be in my prayers. Good lucky while you are waiting these next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are babalicious preggers Aubs!!! I love this picture of you. I am so glad we got to chat yesterday for quite awhile. I know that everything will work out great with Austin and we can't wait to have him here. I sent you Lacey's info so you should be able to get in touch with her about Carson's experience with the cleft lip. He looks amazing and you can't even tell at all with the surgeries. You are such an amazing sis and I look up to you so much! Stay strong baby!!!! (you and Austin ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are getting so close. We are happy to hear you are doing well. We are thinking of you guys always. Austin will be a wonderful addition to your family. Please continue to keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable, Aubrey. I hope all will go well with Austin coming (cute name!), and his needed surgeries. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the update!! Good luck with everything! You look so cute with your pregnant belly. I'm glad you have been able to keep Austin in this long and that you are getting so close! I'm sure everything will work out for you. He looks like such a cutie in the pictures. I can definitely see a resemblance to Jacob. Good luck with the exciting time of welcoming a sweet little newborn soon! We will continue to pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete