This year I made him a candybar card. It was fun to make (and yummy to eat!)
Jake was so helpful and very willing to blow out the candles with Daddy. Gary, Austin, and myself enjoyed the cake. Jake liked the idea of eating cake but would not try it. He wanted his own piece, but it just sat on his plate. He is very independent and makes his OWN choices (whether I like them or not!)
Here are some of Jake's latest art projects. I enjoy doing activities with him during the day in order to keep him busy. Toddlers have such short attention spans, so I need to have tons of things for him to do! Here he made his own musical drum.
Austin even got in on the project the other day. They both did paint with water. Austin was so excited about holding the brush and tapping it on the paper.
The other day Jake made his own pig. I was going through my files from my preschool class I had in high school and noticed this art project I had done with the kids back in the day. I still had copies, so I got it out and let him color himself a pig puppet!



You are such a good mama, Aubrey! What fun little crafts. I need to do more of those! And I love that Austin was doing it too! And Happy Birthday Gary! I love that poster.. so cute and thoughtful!!
ReplyDeleteGlad Gary had a great birthday. The projects look like so much fun. My kids love art projects. Last week I bought three things of tape and Benton found them for his "projects" and used all three things in one week! Cute little kiddos.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Gary! You are such a great husband and father! I loved all of the darling picture's! My favorite is the one of the 2 boy's screaming! It just cracks me up! Now that it is in picture form we can laugh at it, right! At the moment it's a little crazy though, huh! I love you all so very much, more than you'll ever know! Wish I was there to kiss all of those cute cheeks! Love ya tons and tons, MOM
ReplyDelete