Thursday, June 14, 2012

Update.


Well, I'm finally updating the blog.  It just seems like it gets harder and harder to find time to do this.  We've been pretty busy these past few weeks, so I thought I'd share some pictures to see what we've been up to.

The last two weeks of May, we headed to Oklahoma City so Gary could attend a training class for his job.  We stayed in a hotel room for two weeks!  It was very interesting with two little ones, but we survived and we had some fun memories to take from the experience.  We were able to go swimming, out to eat, we went to the movies, and we took the boys to the Zoo.  It was almost like a vacation!  The main event that took place while we were there was that Austin turned one (May 23rd)!  Can you believe that one year ago he was born?!  This year has flown by.  It has been filled with craziness, happiness, and busyness!  He has been so much fun to watch grow up.  He is pulling up on things, saying quite a few words (including: Hi, Mama, Daddy, Dada, Thank you, Uh Oh, love you), he's got five teeth, he adores his brother, and he is such a wonderful eater!  

We will be headed off to Huntsville, AL this weekend for another two week training class.  (Wish us luck!)  We hope to find lots of other fun things to do while we're there.  Enjoy the pictures!

Don't you just want to kiss that cute face?!
He got an ice cream cake for his birthday.  Jake and Austin could n't wait to dive in!
Isn't Jake such a nice brother?  (He's handing a gift to Austin).  

We weren't able to take all of the gifts with us, but he was able to open a few!
Such a stud!  He was so excited to ride the choo choo train!

The fam!
Austin enjoyed the ride on the train!

Notice how handsome my hubby looks with glasses?  He just got them recently. 
Austin loved riding, but Jacob screamed and was unsure the entire time!

Ridin' the rino!
Cheese!

Enjoying the petting zoo.  He's so brave.
Back at home, celebrating his b-day!  Here he's drinking from the b-day cup!

He is so spoiled!


Enjoying his new things.  He loved this toy; he would freak out every time one of the thing would pop up the stairs!
The aftermath.  Jake was just as excited as Austin to have all of the new  toys!

He loves cake!

Memorial day swimming!  This is our new HUGE pool!

Me with my two babies!  (I love how chill Austin looks!)

4 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful. Austin's smile is so amazing. I love his little feet and pointed toes in the photo with him sitting on the Rino.
    I think he gets his love of chocolate cake from me. I usually look like that when I'm done too, but not so cute.
    The pool is quite amazing. It's much bigger than I imagined. I'm sure your hot weather will warm it right up.
    I noticed that Jake isn't wearing a hat in any of the pictures. Thats new. He wouldn't take it off when he was here. He sure wears sunglasses well and looks quite dashing in them.
    I keep forgetting that Gary wears glasses now. They look really good on him. Eric has just started wearing contacts and is getting used to them, Collin kept breaking Erics glasses trying to pull them off all the time.
    You have a beautiful family thanks for sharing your adventures with us. We love you guys so much. Have a great time in Alabama. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome you guys were able to go on a little vacation that long! Looks like you all had a fun time. Happy birthday to Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see your update too! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :) It looks like you guys had a blast. 2 weeks is a long time to be away from home and live out of a suitcase, but it looks like you guys had a great time! Good luck in Alabama!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go living in the hotel!!! What a trooper.
    Happy birthday to your baby. Can't believe it has been a year already. The picture of him with the chocolate cake is awesome.

    ReplyDelete