Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Catch up post: Christmas.

I have let a month pass since I have updated the blog, and we have done some fun things in the meantime.  We enjoyed a wonderful Christmastime this year.  It was so much fun to see the boys' reactions to the festivities!  Both Jake and Austin loved Christmas, Santa, and the decorations.  Jake cried for hours after we put the Christmas decorations away.  It was so sad.  He kept asking us "Where's my tree?"  Both Jake and Austin are still singing Christmas songs (Jingle Bells and Santa Clause is coming to town).  I think they are on the countdown until next Christmas!

On Christmas Eve, we relaxed at home and made a large dinner!  We had turkey, potatoes, and tons of sides!  We were also able to Skype with Gary's family as the kids opened their gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Monson.  It was a great evening!  We also read some Christmas books, watched Christmas movies, and talked about the birth of Jesus.  The boys were so excited to open their final gift for the night, pjs!  

Christmas morning was so much fun!  We woke the boys up, and they were both so excited to see SO many gifts under the tree!  They also got a little pet fish from Santa!  After presents, we made homemade doughnuts, got ready, and headed to the movies.  We relaxed the rest of the day, and we were able to Skype with my parents that evening.  It was nice to see and talk with family at Christmas.  It's a different feeling when you are away from all of the Christmas chaos.  On one hand it's nice to relax, but you miss running around to everyone's homes and seeing family!  It was a wonderful Christmas, and I think the boys got plenty of things to keep them busy for the next year.

This was our 7th Christmas as a married couple! 

I always loved getting pjs on Christmas Eve when I was little, so we thought they should get some too!

This is the best picture we could get of them with their new pjs in front of the tree!  They were too excited to hold still.

All of the loot!
Jake got a balance bike, and he is really picking it up well.  Since we've had many nice days since, he has been able to practice.

My handsome boys!
Both boys were really excited about the food and the kitchen.  Austin bit right into a sandwich!

Opening the big gift.
Jake loves his apron.  He comes running over to me throughout the day asking me to tie it on. 

There is nothing better than a warm doughnut for breakfast!
Gary and I were laughing so hard at his face!  He has the perfect mustache; I just had to add this picture.  (It still makes me laugh!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That kitchen is amazing. I wish my appliances looked like that. The boys are so cute in their santa hats and new PJ's. It was so fun to skyp with them on Christmas eve. Gary is also very handsome in his new glasses. Such a beautiful family. Tell the boys Grandma says Hi. Love Ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an update. I have anxiously been awaiting a picture of the boys with that kitchen and food. I am so glad they loved it. Aubs you look fantastic!!! I can't even believe you are pregnant. Time to start posting pictures of your pregnancy too ;)
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the pictures and you all look great! I love you all soooo much! Give the boys kisses from their Na Na, Ok? Love you all, MOM

    ReplyDelete