Monday, August 20, 2012

Huntsville #2

We made it through another two week training class.  I must say, it can be hard with two little ones in a hotel room for two weeks, but it'll all be worth it.  It is hard, but we also had many fun times too.  Austin is now a pro at walking.  He caught on really well, and now he prefers to walk and not crawl.  He also amazes us daily.  He says a lot of words, and he copies everything we say.  He is really a smart little man.  Jake is talking really well now.  I've even noticed him saying phrases correctly now.  Yesterday he came running into the room I was in and said "I found you!"  I was so surprised that he used the words correctly.  Both boys are really starting to play well together.  Don't get me wrong, they fight constantly, but they do play well together.  My heart grows when I see the two of them laughing and playing.  Here are some pictures of what we were up to.
  
We got the boys a Melissa & Doug pizza to play with this time.  They loved adding the toppings, and Austin loved hidding them all over the room for mommy to find!


We made Mardi Gras masks and paper bag fish.  (It only lasted a little while before the boys shredded them.  Oh well).


There was plenty of wrestling time with daddy.

The boys got matching glow-in-the-dark pjs.  At breakfast the next day I heard a lady whisper to her husband "Are they twins?"  I thought that was pretty funny. 

Bedtime kisses.  Both boys are puckered up!  Mmmuuaa!

On the 11th, we went to a private zoo in Huntsville.  It was so fun!  You drove your car through the zoo, and the animals came up to your car for treats.  Gary and I were laughing so hard.  They would put their head right into the car, so you had to be careful!  It was tons of fun, and a little scary!

I was a little unsure about the giant buffalo right next to my window.  I rolled my window up all of the way just to be safe!

Austin on the other hand loved the buffalo.  He would squeal with delight and point to every animal that came near.

Gary and his window got slimed by this buffalo.  We had to get our car washed after the trip through the zoo!

Jake was a little unsure what he thought of the animals.  He liked them some of the time.  At one point, he started crying and called the buffalo a monster!  (It kindof does look like a monster).

At the end of the tour, they had an area with turtles that you could walk around and pet/feed them.

The boys loved this part.  We didn't realize that you were supposed to buy lettuce to feed them, until the turtles started backing Jake into a corner thinking that he had treats.  It was pretty funny.  We also were able to go swimming at the hotel, shopping, and out to eat a few times.  Even though it was long and hard (for both Gary and myself) we still had lots of fun!

8 comments:

  1. The boys are so cute. I'm glad they are playing together now. Austins smile is so amazing. We love the photo's.

    I'm sure it's nice to be home for all of you. Have a great day. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That twins comment is so funny and one I really relate to. Once at Disney land I had the 3 boys dressed alike in red overalls and someone asked if they were triplets. Ben and Gary are 5 years apart. People are so funny and not very observant sometimes. I have to admit the three of them were outright darling and got a lot of attention in the red overalls. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...a drive through zoo...very interesting indeed! I'd be afraid the big animals would ram into my car! At least it was only a little slobber. I love the matching jammies. Are your boys twins? Ha, ha. They are both so darling. And your hair really looks amazing. You can pull off the short do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That drive-in zoo sounds like a blast!! Kinda gross how they would stick your head in the car-I would want to clean the inside AND outside! Your boys are so handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing so hard over that trip to the zoo, and the camel sliming the window. That would've freaked me out. How fun. I love those cute boys of yours. Austin's smile just kills me. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A drive through zoo sounds amazing! I think my kids would have been in tears if the animals tried sticking their heads in for treats! I can't believe how big your boys are looking. They are so cute! Plus, I love the matching jammies and glow in the dark is awesome. I'm excited to be able to start doing that. And I still think its great you get to go with Gary when he travels for trainings. Hotels are so hard with kids. But it is super fun to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the darling pictures of all of you. I am so glad that you survived this last trip and that you can be home again for a little while. The boys are really growing and are so darling and you and Gary look great too!! I can't tell you how much I miss you all and I guess it does help to see all your cute pictures, just wish I could have a few more hugs and kisses! I love you all so very much! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fun time. I agree. I think the zoo thing would creap me out a bit. Funny!
    The boys look adorable in their matching jammies.
    Way to go surviving another hotel month.

    ReplyDelete