We've been able to do some fun things over the past week, so I thought I'd update the blog. Gary got Labor Day off, so we were excited to have an extra-long weekend. We went to the Mississippi State football game on Saturday, and the boys had lots of fun. Gary was able to get free tickets from his work, so that was awesome! Austin loved to clap and dance everytime the crowd would cheer, both boys loved the fireworks with each touchdown, and Jake was glad Woody was there to share all of the fun! It was SO hot and humid, but it was nice to get out and do something different. We had a blast.
 |
| In front of the field. It was a huge hike up to the very top where our seats were! We were dying by the time we made it to our seats. |
 |
| Jake & Daddy enjoying the game! |
 |
| The fam! |
 |
| We left at half-time, because it was already past the boys' bedtime, and they were creaming the other team. I think the score was 32 to 6 when we left, and they scored two touchdowns as we walked to our car! |
 |
| On Labor Day we worked in the yard all day, and got the pool out in the evening. As you can see in this picture, it was so humid outside, that the camera lens was foggy. I even tried to clean it off before taking pictures, but it just kept fogging up! |
 |
| The boys love splashing in the pool. By this point I had gotten out. (I'd had it with the water constantly in my face!) |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| Austin & Mommy! |
 |
| So this morning we ran our first race ever! We did a 5k, and it was so much fun! I convinced Gary a few weeks ago to come do it with me, and I'm so glad we did it. I have been running and working out for the past few months, and I wanted to try a race! It was a blast, and I can't wait to do another one again! |
You look amazing Aubs!!!! Way to go on your race. Brack and I are doing one on Thanksgiving this year. I can't wait. We have been running at night with the kids. So proud of you and all you are doing. Great job on the weight loss and consistent exercising! You are one hot Momma!
ReplyDeleteOkay, you are just the cutest thing ever. I can't get over how much I love the short hair. It is so you... LOVE IT!!!! I love this time of year and football season. I've been thinking a lot about how lame of a roommate I was. I'm sorry I ruined our USU time together. McKenzie is up there now, and is having so much fun, and I've been having regrets about our time up there. Sorry I was such a baby. Okay... off that soap box ;) Congrats on running your first race. Beware... you'll get addicted. It's a good addiction though. And how great that Gary will do it with you. So glad you're doing well. Sure do love you. PLEASE PLEASE let me know when you're in Utah next. I have been thinking about you a lot, and would love to see you. Love ya Aubs!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you all had a great time at the ballgame, but it looked HOT! We have had a few of those same moments in the past. The boys are sure growing and are so cute! I am so glad that you are enjoying the running... it gives you something for yourself, even though Jake isn't always happy about it. Through the years it was a challenge for me as well to try to exercise, but it was always worth it and I am glad that I was able to do it. It gave me more energy to chase all you kids around all the time. You both look great and it is fun you could do it together. I love your hair Aubs, you look like a model! Sure do love and miss you all and wish we could give you all hugs and kisses! Have a great week and know we love you tons and tons! Love, MOM
ReplyDeleteAubrey!! Yay for the race!! That's awesome!! I love that you guys did it together too.. isn't it the funnest?? And it looks like you guys have been doing so many fun things! And, ok.. can I just say that I am LOVING your short hair??? SO CUTE!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks like a huge crowd at the game. I'm sure it was fun as they chanted and cheered and stomped. And fireworks throughout the game!I'm sure the boys loved that. It sounds pretty exciting. You were probably smart to leave before the end because getting out of there at the same time as everyone else sounds like a long wait. I see Jake still loves Woody. The kids are so cute. I wish I could have seen Austin dancing and clapping with the cheers. It makes me smile to think about it.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you're looking forward to the cooler fall weather. The boys will love playing outside and will be so much more content. It's surprising how hot your summers are.
Congratulations on running the 5K. It's inspiring.
Love you guys so much.
Love, Lori (Your other Mom)
Looks like you guys have been having a great time! It is always fun to see your updates!
ReplyDelete