Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Time to catch up!

I guess it is time to catch up on what we've been up to.  I have had a hard time finding a spare moment to update the blog.  I'm sure it will just continually get harder.  Well, we went to Huntsville, AL for two weeks for Gary's work, and we survived.  We were SO ready to be done and back home.  Gary had been really busy with his online Master's class as well, so it made for a rough time.  We were still able to do some fun things while we were there, but of course I didn't have the camera!  We went to a children's museum, we went swimming, out to eat, on walks, and I went shopping almost every day.  The boys did pretty well (considering the situation!)

We also had a great 4th!  Austin took his first steps that day.  We had been working with him, but he just seemed too scared to try.  He finally decided to give it a try and walked right into Daddy's arms.  It was so sweet.  He then took turns walking back and forth from Mommy to Daddy.  He has taken his sweet little time, but he is really getting good at it.  Yesterday he just kept toddlin' around on his own.  I think he is getting a lot more confident.  We also did some fireworks on the 4th, and this year Jake really loved them.  He would cheer and clap and dance around.  Both boys loved the snappers.  Austin even figured out how to throw them.  Those things are so funny.  They remind me of being young, and my dad throwing them at our feet and yelling "dance!"  It's pretty funny, cause Gary does the same thing! 

Anyway, here are some pictures of what we've been doing the past month!

When we were in Huntsville, the boys got a fun prize to play with.  An apple pie! 




Here is Jake's flag for the 4th.  He also made a "shapes" hat.  He was so proud.  We even did the pledge of allegiance!



Jake loved the sparklers.



Ooo.  Ahhh.


Austin got to enjoy some of the fireworks before he fell asleep.  Do you notice that they are holding hands?  They have really started playing well together.  Yeah!

Cheese!


I also got my hair cut the other day.  This was my attempt at a before picture.
Here's an after shot.  Rockin' the boys to sleep!


7 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys have been having so much fun. I love your haircut it looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty! It would be so hard and fun at the same time to travel with Gary. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun summer you have had. I love that Austin is walking now. I can't believe how big your boys are getting. It has been way too long since I've seen you. Sending Gary good luck wishes with school. Jordan's masters program is so busy, I swear he's always doing homework. I can only imagine how it is with kids. You guys are awesome!! PS... I LOVE the short hair. It fits you so well. Your hair grows so fast, I didnt realize it had gotten so long. Lucky girl. Love ya! Glad to see you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update. Thanks so much for the pictures. I know it's time consuming and the little ones keep you pretty busy. Your hair is darling. You look so happy with those sweet boys in your arms. I love the photo with Jake and Austin holding hands. I'm so glad they are playing well together. The little blue and green chairs are so cute. They look like little rocking chairs. You guys are going to have to buy two of everything from now on to keep them both happy. Hang in there, the summer heat will be over in no time. Love you guys so much. Hope to see you'll soon.
    Love Mom Monson

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! It's always hard to find time to update the blog. I'm always back dating things so I know when they happened. And I LOVE your haircut! So cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are so brave on the hair! It looks fabulous! I can't believe it had already gotten so long before you cut it. It must grow fast! Your boys are darling! I'm glad they are becoming good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all of the darling pictures! And your hair is sooo cute on you. Such a beautiful face and you look so cute in any hairstyle, like a model. I miss you all soooo much, love the blog so that I can see you a little, even if it is just pictures. I am glad you have almost survived all of your trainings and finally finished school! Congrats to you both, what an accomplishment! We love you all so very much! Love ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete