Last week we were able to go on a family vacation to Atlanta, Savannah, and Charleston, SC. It was really fun to be together and see new places. We had some interesting things happen that will make this trip memorable. When we arrived in Atlanta, the hotel room was jammed closed because of the bar/chain. We stood in the hallway with the kids screaming forever while the maintenance guy tried to get us in. We finally got in, got our bags, and got the kids settled down for bed. Then in the middle of the night (about 3 a.m.) the fire alarm went off. We sat in our car while the fire department got there and investigated. Luckily both boys went back to sleep when they let us back into our room. The next day we went to The Museum of Natural History. While we were inside, our laptop was stolen. (This is why I haven't posted pictures of our trip home to Utah. Those pictures got stolen, so I need to get them from my mom). Even though we had a stream of bad luck, we ended up having a great trip, and we made some wonderful memories.

It was funny because I don't think Jake realized how big dinosaurs were. He seemed very surprised.
Jake is really into dinosaurs lately, so he loved seeing all of the dinosaur bones and models.
It was funny because I don't think Jake realized how big dinosaurs were. He seemed very surprised.
Austin enjoyed riding around most of the time with his treats.
Bubbles!
He thought this was so neat. We could of stayed there the entire time and he would have been happy!
Austin's favorite part was the "lightning ball." He loved it so much and was so funny with it, that people actually stopped to watch him play with it. A lady told her kids "Look at the baby playing with that." He was super-cute.
At one point he actually leaned forward and put an open mouth right on it. We had to laugh, but yuck! I can't even imagine how many kids have touched that!
Pure joy!
In Savannah we took a trolley tour ride throughout the city. I was really surprised how well the boys did. As long as we had the treats near, they seemed to be ok. That city is so beautiful. I loved seeing all of the old homes and the Spanish Moss hanging from the trees. It was exactly what I thought it would be.
Jake and Daddy! The ride got crowded, so we actually all had to squeaze onto one seat.
We went to the beach in Savannah, but I forgot our camera, so we took a lot of pictures in Charleston. The boys LOVED the beach. This picture was taken pretty much right when we got there. Notice that there is already sand everywhere!
This is Austin right when we sat him down. (Sandy already).
Jake loved the bubbles. For the first time, he was able to blow bubbles all by himself. He was so proud! (And so was I!)
Now here's Austin about 20 minutes in. I had to watch him carefully, because he would take handfuls of sand and eat it! AHH! (Gross but funny!)
What a cutie! (Oh and that's his new elmo hat).
Daddy and Jake enjoying the water. Gary said that Jake would get all excited looking at the waves and would say "It's comin', it's comin'."
We wore Austin right out, so he took a nice nap in the shade.
A family shot!
A walk on the pier.
Just the fam.
My cute boys.
One day we went to downtown Charleston and walked around all of the old streets. It was so beautiful. The boys were amazing that day. I think both of them enjoyed the ride. Even though the sun was warm, it felt really nice outside because of the ocean breeze.
Me and two of my boys.
We walked over to a park to take a rest. Austin enjoyed relaxing, while Jake ran in circles getting his wiggles out!
Jake ran right up to the cannon and put his face into it and started talking. He is such a funny guy.
It ended up being such a great trip. We had some not-so-fun moments, but overall it was a nice getaway. It was so nice to hang out on the beach and to all be together for an entire week! We had wanted to do a nice long trip before this week. Austin is getting his surgery this Friday and propably won't be feeling well for a while. Wish us luck and keep us (especially Austin) in your prayers.



Looks like such a fun vacation (except those incidents). I wish we could go to the beach! You guys look so warm and happy. It's still cold here.
ReplyDeleteThose kids just melt my heart. Austins smiles and happy nature is amazing. Jake and his trusty hat, what else can we say, life is good. I can't wait to follow in your foot steps and see Atlanta, Savannah,and Charleston they sound like great destinations. Love you guys, you're in our prayers for this Friday. May armies of angels surround all of you, especially little angel Austin.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun adventure! I would love to see all of those places.
ReplyDeleteOur prayers will be with you and your little man.
Can't wait to see you on Thursday! I loved the cute pictures of your trip! Love you all! Love ya, MOM
ReplyDeleteAubrey, what a fun vacay!! I'm sorry about your first couple of days though.. :P Not fun at all. But I love all the pics and your little guys are so sweet! I love Savannah too! We did that same trolley ride a few years back! I love that your boys both wear ball caps... ADORABLE. Good luck this week, Aubs. We will keep you guys in our prayers. I'm so happy your mom and Grandma are coming out to help! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I can't believe someone stole your laptop!!! GRRRR!!! I am glad you had a fun trip despite the craziness. I love you lady and hope all goes well with the surgery this week.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun vacation!!! Jordan served in Atlanta, and has never wanted to go back, but I could maybe convince him to go to Savannah. It looked like a great place to vacation. I love the pictures of the boys in the sand. I can't get over those darling big smiles. I hope Austin's surgery went well yesterday. You're so brave, and such a great mom. I'll keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Love ya!! PS... I'm sad you were in Utah, and I missed you. Next time for sure!!!!
ReplyDelete