Examples: Jake says "Wuv you" or "Hey Bud." I also love when he crawls into my lap just because, or when he actually calls me mommy. I love Austin's grins or when he completely lights up when you enter his room. These are the moments that keep me going. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one out there having days where I'm counting down the minutes until bedtime when it's only 7 a.m.!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
So very true.
I read this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/dont-carpe-diem_b_1206346.html article today and loved it. It explains parenting (motherhood) exactly the way it really is. It isn't sugar-coated like many people try to make it out to be. She bluntly tells it like it is, and I'm so grateful that others out there understand what each of us as parents go through each day. One of my favorite parts is when she talks about how her days are grouped in to "times." Like it's ___ amount of hours until nap/bed time, ___ amount of hours until daddy comes home. That's how I make it through almost everyday! I am just grateful for those "Kairos" moments.
Examples: Jake says "Wuv you" or "Hey Bud." I also love when he crawls into my lap just because, or when he actually calls me mommy. I love Austin's grins or when he completely lights up when you enter his room. These are the moments that keep me going. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one out there having days where I'm counting down the minutes until bedtime when it's only 7 a.m.!

Examples: Jake says "Wuv you" or "Hey Bud." I also love when he crawls into my lap just because, or when he actually calls me mommy. I love Austin's grins or when he completely lights up when you enter his room. These are the moments that keep me going. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one out there having days where I'm counting down the minutes until bedtime when it's only 7 a.m.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So true! Sometimes it makes you wonder when your favorite time is bedtime and naptime!
ReplyDeleteHave you heard the song from Hilary Weeks? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvQ0Sj6Qm_Y
It's called a few of my favorite things, in case the link doesn't work. It makes me laugh!
What a perfect article. I loved it. I hope I have a lot of kairos moments. I can honestly say that I do have at least one each day. I think they are easier to come by when you have a baby. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I read the whole thing and LOVED it. Though she used some words I have never heard of before. But yes, that is EXACTLY what motherhood feels like.
ReplyDelete(Sing, Sing, Sing) Happy Happy birthday, Aubrey dear, may happy days come to you all year, if I had one wish then it would be, a happy happy birthday to you from me. (I'm spending too much time in Primary these days)
ReplyDeleteI do know you birthday is tomorrow, not today. I'm just sending my thoughts and wishes early. Love Mom Monson.
ReplyDeleteYou are a great Momma!!! Every Mom feels this way lots of times! Love you!
ReplyDelete