Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Atlanta Trip (Warning: Large Post!)

Over this past weekend, we were able to take a short trip to Atlanta, GA! It was so much fun to get away and enjoy a break from everyday life! We went to the Georgia Aquarium, the Braves game, and the Botanical Gardens. Also, while we were there, we were able to visit with my cousin Cami and her cute family! (I forgot to take pictures that night; oops). Jake and Grace were having a blast playing with toys, Gabe was so excited to show us his fun toys and games, and we enjoyed wonderful food! Also, lucky us, Sara my cousin was staying with them, so we were able to visit with her as well. It was such a fun weekend. (Thanks to Cami and Erik for letting us come and invade your home!)



Jake and I in front of the tank; it had a huge whale shark, with other "giant" fish.


Jake loved the Aquarium. He would stare at the fish through the glass and sometimes try to touch them!


Here's one of him looking at the interesting fish.


Here he is checking out the jelly fish.


My two favorite guys!


This tank had tons of colorful fish; it was beautiful!


The fam! (I love Jake's smirck).


Jake loved this Penguin! If you can see, Jake is holding the Penguin's hand. He also liked grabbing the beak; it was pretty cute!


Atlanta in the background.


The Braves game. Well, we are still parents in training, and we are definitely learning as we go. We thought that the Braves game would be perfect for our young family, but like the Air Show, we didn't think about the noise. Jake did not like the game at all! Any type of cheering, yelling, music, and clapping set him into a screaming fest. We didn't end up watching much of the game, but we enjoyed walking around and looking at the field from different angles! Now we know not to take a baby to a baseball game!


This was right when we got to our seats. (Little did we know what was going to happen!)


Jake loves to make some of the craziest faces; he is such a crack up!


Daddy and Jake. (Jake is making another face at someone else's table). That night we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Yummy! We got King Crab legs. It was SO good!


Yum, yum!


Yesterday, we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was a perfect day to go! It was a beautiful place, and it was nice to enjoy being outside!


Jake keeps us entertained! (I don't know what we did without him!)


Mommy and Jake.


He's smaller than a lily!


They had an area with tons and tons of orchids; it was beautiful!


Gary in the "jungle."


Here I am in the desert. (Jake had fallen asleep by this time, so we had to pose for pictures without him!) It was a wonderful vacation, but it's always nice to come home!


One final picture. This is what I found this morning when Jake woke up from a nap. (Yep, his diaper is in the right corner of the photo). Somehow he took his diaper off and was enjoying his freedom! This little streaker soaked his blankets and sheets, just adding to the pile of laundry from the trip. Oh well, it was pretty funny to find a naked baby smiling at me!

7 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! We had such a fun visit with you guys. It's nice to know we have family so close by! Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip. Jordan is super jealous that you guys got to take a trip there. You all look so cute in your Braves outfits. You're such a cute family. I'm glad you're so happy. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip! How fun to be able to see all of that! Your little family is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has nothing to do with your post but Mylie just pointed at you and asked "Who's that?" I told her "Aubrey." And she said "no it's not. It's September." And every picture after that she pointed at you and said "see that's September." So apparently, that is your new name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a great trip. The photos are priceless. What a character with those cute funny faces. Can't wait to see those sweet laughs and silly faces in person. I love the smile in front of the colorful fish tank. He's such a happy little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun trip. I wish it was warm here! I loved the last picture. When Sage was little, she would take off her diaper, too. It got so bad we had to duct tape her diaper on. A little after that, I decided it was time to potty train.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun Vaca!! I'm jealous you are close to my sisner :/ Fun fun! That last picture had me dying of laughter!! What a crack up!!

    ReplyDelete