We have been able to do some fun things these past few weeks! We set up our Christmas tree the Sunday before Thanksgiving, since we were planning on going out of town that week. The boys loved helping, and we only had a few casualties (5-6 bulbs shattered)! I might have to stop at Wal-Mart and get some shatter-proof bulbs! We also were able to go to my brother Tyler and his wife Elise's house. It was so much fun to spend time with them, and they had a wonderful surprise for us. They flew my parents in for Thanksgiving! They had told us that they had invited a couple for dinner, and we would be eating later that evening. When the doorbell rang, Elise asked me to grab it. I opened the door, and surprise! I started bawling! What a wonderful shock to see your parents standing there. All of the kids were so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa as well. What a great Thanksgiving (one I'll always remember)! (Thanks Ty & Elise!)
 |
| Decorating the tree! |
 |
| One morning I was cleaning up breakfast, I looked down and Austin had my lipstick! He had opened it, and I saw just as he puckered up and put it on! I had to take a snap shot of this funny little man! |
 |
| The kids were writing/drawing what they were thankful for on feathers that they attached to a turkey. |
 |
| Cheese! (Austin has been making funny cheesy faces lately). |
 |
| Elise had lots of fun things for the kids to do. They also made turkeys out of apples and marshmallows. |
 |
| Testing to make sure it tasted just right! |
 |
| Surprise! |
 |
| We loved snuggling with Lily. She is the happiest baby ever! She is such a sweetheart. |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| Each year the Pendleton family gets together with aunts/uncles/cousins/etc. and plays games and has pie. We have missed the "Pie Social" for the past few years, so Tyler & Elise got everything to do a Pie Social at their house. It was tons of fun! The kids loved getting the prizes! |
 |
| After the kids got bored of games, we sent them downstairs to watch a movie! I got a shot of all of them on the couch! |
 |
| Meanwhile the adults played a different game! It was so much fun. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while! (It was similar to charades). |
 |
| We were all a crack up to watch! |
 |
| One day we went to a cute popcorn shop (I left my camera), and the grandparents let all the kids pick out their own kind of popcorn. We also went to a frozen yogurt place another day. We enjoyed hanging out, playing games, and catching up! Thanks for inviting us; it was a wonderful Thanksgiving! |
 |
| This week there was a Christmas parade in downtown Columbus. The boys had so much fun! Austin and Jake loved waving and say "Hi" and "Merry Christmas" to everyone on the floats! At the end, Santa passed, and the boys were thrilled. Both started shouting "Santa, Santa!" |
 |
| We bundled them up, but when we got outside, it was actually really nice. Gary sat most of the time without a jacket! |
 |
| We bought some cotton candy to help pass the time. The boys were in Sugar-Heaven! |
 |
| Merry Christmas! |
what a fun Thanksgiving, and what an awesome surprise to have your parents show up. What a holiday to remember. I'm so glad you're doing good. I'm doing great. Less than 3 months till our next adventure into parenthood!!! I can't believe it. It seems unreal. I hope I can be a great mom like you :) Love you Aubs!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I'm glad you were surprised to have your parents there. They told us they were flying out the night before they left at our pie social. It looks like everyone got to have that fun tradition this year. You look great to. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a blast. I am so glad that Mom and Dad got to spend the time with you and that you were able to hang out with Ty and Elise. So FUN!!!
ReplyDeleteThe kids look like they all had a blast. I can't believe how big they are getting.
The parade looks like fun too. We love the winters in AZ as well.
It was so fun to be together. I will never forget your face when we first saw you at the door. I am glad that we were able to come and for Tyler's booking the flight for us and for his generosity to pay for one of the flights for a fun Christmas present. It made it possible for us to come and see all of you. We love you all! MOM
ReplyDeleteHey Aubrey, I don't know if you will see this comment in time, but can you e-mail me your address so we can send you a Christmas Card? emilyharknessphotography@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks and hope everything is going great!
Such cute pictures, and sweet cheezy smiles from the boys. Hope you are feeling okay.
ReplyDelete