This was on October 6th (just a few days after surgery). I love those smiles!

Jake is doing really well. When Austin first got back from surgery, Jake wanted to hide from him. The next couple of days he wouldn't go near him. Finally, he started to become more comfortable with the situation. (This picture was also taken on the 6th).
Jake is doing really well. When Austin first got back from surgery, Jake wanted to hide from him. The next couple of days he wouldn't go near him. Finally, he started to become more comfortable with the situation. (This picture was also taken on the 6th).
Here is a close-up of his face (10-08-11). Such a cutie!
On Sunday (9th) I decided to see how Jake would react with Austin in the tub. Jake loved it! He kept laughing and playing with Austin. I finally had to take Austin out when Jake began dunking buckets of water on Austin and thinking it was funny. It was good while it lasted! In the picture Jake is singing in his "microphone" (really a tub toy). He's been doing this lately. It's pretty funny!
Here's another close-up picture of Austin's face. This was taken yesterday (11th) after a bath. His stitches are starting to come out. I'm sure they'll be gone within a few more days. (I think he looks a lot like Jake did at this age).



I am completely AMAZED at what the doctors have done! How in the world do they completely create those cute little lips with the little bumps in the center? His smile is so DARLING!!! He is looking so good. I can't believe how he changes from day to day as he heals as you've shown in the pictures. I'm glad Jake is doing better with him. I hope that Austin continues to feel better. What a terrible thing for an innocent little baby to have to experience. It makes you wonder what he must be thinking! Hang in there Aubrey. You are as wonderful as they come. All three of your boys are so lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures just MELT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad the last few days have gotten better. I heard through the grapevine that its been a rough week or so. You guys have been in our prayers! LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDeleteHey beautiful girl!!! What adorable pictures of all of you! Austin looks so adorable and happy, so does Jake! I am glad that Jake is adjusting to Austin a little better now. Austin's little face looks like it is healing really well and he looks darling just like he always has. We love you all so very much and pray for you everyday and know that Heavenly Father is aware of all of your trials and challenges. We love you all so very much! Take care all of you and give everyone a kiss for me! Love ya, MOM
ReplyDeleteAustin looks great! I LOVE that smile and wish I could see it in person. One more day with arm restraints, right? I hope each day is easier than the last one. We'll have to do another video chat soon. Collin was smearing pizza all over his face on Saturday and I was afraid he would try to get some on their computer. We're continuing our prayers for you everyday. Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how fast he is healing! And how different he looks each day. What handsome little boys you have. I'm glad to hear it's getting a little easier each day. I'm sure it's giving Jake a lot to think about. It will be so fun for those two as they get bigger and become little buddies!
ReplyDeleteHE LOOKS AWESOME!!! Wish I could kiss his little baby cheeks. I have been thinking about you lots and praying for you tons. You are such an awesome Mommy. Love you and I am so proud of you for taking such good care of those little babies. They are lucky to have such a great Mom!
ReplyDeleteHow do you seriously find time to update your blog?!!... super woman!!! I'm so happy that things are getting better for you. How nice that Gary was able to take work off and help you out for a bit. I don't know how you do it all. All I know is that you amaze me. You have the cutest little family. Austin is looking a lot like Jake now. How fun. I hope things continue to go well for you and your sweet family. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteWow little Austin is looking great!! The bath tub pictures are so cute!! It was great to talk to you on the phone. We sure love you!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so great! I can't imagine how difficult that would be. I'm so happy that Austin is doing better. You have such a cute family!
ReplyDelete