Friday, September 16, 2011

What we've been up to.

It has been forever since I have updated our blog. I just haven't had any extra time to put pictures on here. We've delt with sick kids, (and adults), dr. appointments, trips, ect. It will be easier to just show what's been going on, so here we go.



Gary and I went to a Keith Urban concert. It was so much fun! I had heard a few months ago that he was coming to Tupelo, but I knew it would be VERY expensive to go. About a week before he was coming, Gary's work gave away FREE tickets! We just had to pay the fees to go. We got to go to one of our favorite artists for $12.50! It was such a fun night, and a nice break away from the kids.


I have never been to a concert where the performer was so entertaining. He pulled people up on stage, had a singing his lyrics contest, and he ran to different parts of statium in and out of the crowd all night. It was a blast. At the end of the concert, he ran all of the way to the very top nose-bleed section where we were seated and sang a song there! It was so fun to be so close to him. We were about five feet away from him. (I tried to upload a video clip, but it wouldn't work). Anyway, it was such a fun night, and we won't forget it.


We have also started potty training Jake. We'll see how this goes. I haven't been super consistant, because we've had things going on in between, but he is doing pretty well. Yesterday, he didn't have any accidents, so I thought maybe something was kicking in, then he peed on the floor this morning after being taken to the potty three times before. I hope something starts to stick in his mind. (If anyone has any tips, please let me know!)



Austin is just growin' like a weed! He is such a fun little guy. It is fun to see him explore around him, and smile at your face. I try all day long to get him to laugh at me, and he rarely does, but Gary can get him to laugh in about two seconds. It is crazy! Something about his Daddy is just too funny to resist laughing. I guess I need to take some lessons.


Over labor day weekend, we decided to go to Memphis for a fun break. We went to the Children's Museum (and forgot the camera) one day. Jake had a blast playing on all the toys. We also went to the zoo there, and unfortunatly it rained the entire day. It was still fun, but by the end of the day, Jake was soaked, tired, and screaming, so we knew it was time to go. Here are Jake and his daddy in front of the sea lion show.




Me and my two handsome boys. (My other handsome boy is taking the picture!)



The fam! I love how the kids are doing their own thing in the picture; too funny! (Do you notice our shirts? The umbrella didn't cover my left shoulder and Gary's right).



This is what we looked like walking around.



Here's Jake in his own little seat.



The cafeteria was right next to monkeys. Jake loved looking through and banging on the glass. He loves Curious George, and he kept calling the monkey George.



We wore those kids right out.


We also got worn out as well, but didn't get pictures of that!



Big grin the other day.



The final picture. Austin fell asleep in my arms the other day; I love those special little moments when they are peaceful and happy.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! I especially love the potty picture, and the last 2. SO CUTE!! Austin is so adorable!! He looks A LOT like you to me.. his eyes I think. What a fun time you guys have been having!! Loved the update on your cute fam! (this is laci btw) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love it when you post. How fun that you and Gary got to go to the Keith Urban concerts. He's one of my favorite artists too. And free! Even better :) Your boys are growing up so fast. I love the picture of Jake on the potty and that last one of Austin smiling so big. What darling, darling boys. And you look beautiful as always. Love and miss you. PS... I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I think Austin's surgery is coming up soon in October right? Well, if I don't hear from you before then best wishes! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you are all feeling better. It's so nice to see how much the boys have grown. Austin looks like he's really growing. Thanks for the updated pictures. As always we really look forward to them. Your beautiful family is always in our hearts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photos! I tried potty training a while ago, and decided to wait. It wasn't sticking in his mind. He'll sit on the potty now, but with clothes on. He'll scream and scream and scream if I even suggest he take his pants off. Sheesh! Maybe we'll wait a few more months???... Good luck! Maybe you can give me some good tips. How do you even Jake to sit on the potty and stay there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Little Austin is growing up so fast!! My kids never potty-trained until they were three, so if you can do it at two good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for an update. The kids are soooo cute. I love that Jake is drinking a Capri Sun on the potty. That is a CLASSIC picture!
    I am glad everyone is feeling better. So fun that you got to go to a concert.
    The potty training thing is a pain in the butt (no pun intended), but doesn't have to be. I tried too early with Auri and got frustrated, so I took a break. We had a lot going on and it was hard to be super consistent about it. Potty training is just as much about when the Mommy is ready as much as the kid. I waited until she was closer to 3 and really interested in it and it happened really fast. Try and do it during a time that isn't crazy or with lots of change. For example, the first time I tried with Auri was during the holidays (super inconsistent time with traveling), and close to a move. I am waiting to PT Benton until Brynlee is a little older and I can handle taking on potty training. Having a new baby is a definite big change.
    So my advice is just keep doing what you are doing and letting him be interested in it and encourage him, but don't be super stressed out about it. It will come easily enough. Plus, you have a lot of things coming up that might throw it off a little. You are such a great Mommy. Love those little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the update Aubs Bobs! Good luck tomorrow! We will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete