Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update on Austin.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, we got a phone call from the cleft palate/lip team in Jackson to inform us that the surgeon no longer works there. This meant that all of our appointments and surgeries had been cancelled. We were (of course) very frustrated, since his surgery was scheduled for August 1st (just a couple weeks away). We contacted the team in Birmingham and got a surgery date scheduled for the first week in October. If in the meantime we find someone else that we would rather go to, we can just cancel that appointment. For now, we are planning on going with the Birmingham team. I have been researching online, and they are very qualified, and I was able to contact a lady who has been dealing with her son through that team, and she has loved the experience. We really appreciate all of the calls, e-mails, and comments regarding this matter. We hope this is the final "bump" in the road to getting Austin started. We love you all and appreciate all of your support and prayers on our behalf.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you guys know that we're thinking of you. Thanks for the email the other day Aubs. I sure miss you. You and Gary are such great parents. I think you've handled this whole situation beautifully. You are a wonderful mom, and I know everything is going to work out perfectly. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete