Monday, March 21, 2011

A random picture and our campout.


Here is a picture of our little climber. A week or so ago, I mentioned to Gary how nice it was that Jake was not such a climber yet. I guess I spoke too soon. He has been climbing and getting into everything. This is where we found him the other night. Gary got the camera and snapped this shot. He was able to get in, but he couldn't figure out how to get out. (Poor guy). Since then he has wanted to climb onto everything. His table, chairs, the coffee table, etc. It's been interesting!
This weekend we went on an overnight camp-out to a Lake by our house. Jake had such a blast. It was a little boy paradise. He was occupied with finding pebbles, sticks, and just playing in the dirt! He did really well the entire time, until about 11:00. We decided finally decided to pack him in the car, drove home (luckily it was only a few minutes away), and went to sleep in bed at about 4:00-4:30. The next morning, we got in the car and headed back to eat breakfast. We've decided that while the kids are young, we will probably just do day trips.

Here's Jake helping Daddy set up the tent!

I love his face in this one, he is really working hard!


Relaxing in the hammock.


Helping daddy catch the (tiny) fish!


And of course we had lots of snacks!


Gary did really well fishing! He caught two fish, and had a few on the line. It was fun and really relaxing looking at the beautiful lake.


Another fish. This one was even smaller than the first! (Aren't by boys so cute?!)


We went on a walk by the lake. We didn't make it very far with the stroller, but we were ready to leave anyway, since it was so HOT! (Oh and don't mind my huge belly!)


One last shot of our camp spot before we finished packing up. It really was a beautiful camp site, and we now have some fun memories to look back on.

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I wish I could say it was even warm here, but it's still cold, very cold. I can't wait to be able to go outside. I love your belly. I'm sure you don't but it is so cute. You're getting pretty far along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Your boys ARE so cute! I love that one of Jake concentrating so hard LOL what a cutie. And yes, I totally agree.. your belly is SO cute!! You look so good Aubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big Jake is getting! You look so cute with your pregnant tummy. I am sooo jealous you guys are in shorts!!! It snowed here last night! One day we will have warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go camping! I love that you went home to sleep and then came back! What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brave. I still haven't tried camping with my kids. We went to a cabin once and Zane did the same thing. Your pictures are cute! Love your tummy and that its warm enough to be in shorts and short sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute!!! You are such a cute mom, it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go.... camping pregnant!!! I remember I went when I was prego with Auri and it was a little uncomfortable sleeping on the ground. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete