Saturday, March 26, 2011
Pregnancy Complications.
So I thought I would let our family and friends know that we have had some complications with this pregnancy lately. I have been having quite a few contractions, so I went into the doctor on wednesday. They checked me, and I wasn't dialated, but they decided to do a test for fetal fibronectin. This test can determine if you have a chance of going into labor within the next two weeks. They sent me home with a prescription to help calm the contractions and set up an appointment for friday. Later that night, they called me and informed me that I had tested positive. Over the next two days I continued to have many contractions, so after my appointment on friday, they sent me over to the labor and delivery part of the hospital and had me monitored all day and began a new medication. It was a very long day, and the contractions seemed to be doing better than before, so the doctor left it up to me whether or not I wanted to stay overnight or go home. (Of course I came home). Now, at least until we know more, I am on strict bed rest. This means I can only get up to go to the bathroom or move from the couch to the bed. The relief society president contacted me today and is working out what to do next week. I am so grateful for our ward; I don't know what we would do without the church in our lives. Not only do we have a testimony of the truthfulness, but the ward family is something you can lean on when you are in need. We appreciate the phone calls and prayers from everyone. We hope that things will get better soon, and that this baby will be able to grow healthy and strong. We love all of you and are so grateful for your support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We're thinking of you and saying many prayers. Wish I could be there to help with Jacob. The church is such a blessing. I'm glad your ward is taking good care of you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Aubs!! I'm so sorry :( I'm glad that you went in and got some help though.. its always hard to know what validates going into the doctor and what doesnt.. SOOO good that you did!! And I wish I could be closer to watch Jake for ya!! That's great that your ward is helping you so much. Please keep us posted and TAKE IT EASY girly!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could help too! Take it easy, I'm sure it's not easy with Jake running around. I'm glad you have a good ward.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the baby will stay in for as long as possible!! (How many weeks along are you anyway?)
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry! I hope everything will be fine. I was on bedrest for 2 1/2 months. It's not easy, but you will do fine. How is Jake handling it all?
ReplyDeleteI love you sissy. Please listen to the Dr. and take care of yourself. I love you sooo much!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry Aubs. Thank you for letting me know what was going on. Let your husband and neighbors take care of you, and stay down and take care of yourself and that baby. I wish I could run over and help you out by watching Jake or making dinner for you. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you Aubs!!
ReplyDeleteAww, I wish I lived near you to come help! I hope you get all the help (and more!) that you need!
ReplyDeleteI wish I loved closer to you. I hope everything goes well for the rest of the pregnancy. You'll be in my prayers!
ReplyDelete