Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mississippi Weather = Tornadoes and Walks

Well this past weekend was eventful! On Saturday there were some terrible storms coming through our area, and if you heard on the news, many of the storms had tornadoes. We had gone out on a drive and noticed the sky looked pretty bad, so we turned on the radio to hear tornadoe warnings in our area. When we got home and turned the TV on, they announced that the storm was headed in our direction of town. Gary, Jake, and I sat in the closet while the rain, hail, and wind pounded outside. Luckily the tornadoe didn't touch down in our area, and the only damage we had was a dead tree fell down in our back yard and the power was out for less than an hour. We are grateful that nothing terrible happened and that we were safe.

The next day was beautiful weather, so that afternoon we went to a park near our house and walked around. It has many beautiful trees, and a gorgeous lake. It was nice to get out and enjoy our area!


Here is the tree that fell down. Luckily it broke in half and away from our house.


Now we have another project to do. We need to cut down the rest of the tree!


Daddy and Jake at the park!



We got Jake's feet wet, but he wasn't too sure about it. It was funny to see his reactions!
Both are SO handsome!!!

5 comments:

  1. You really do live in such a beautiful area!...but I don't know about those tornadoes! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! Tornados one day and sunshine the next?! Keeps life exciting it sounds like! :o) I love that last picture of the boys.. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were safe during the tornado. The day at the lake looks so peaceful and beautiful. Jake is so cute. What an amazing family. Love you guys. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tornadoes?! That's super scary. I'm glad you hid in the closet. That's where I would've been. Cute pictures of jake as always. What a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are safe! Welcome to the south! Cute pictures though!

    ReplyDelete