Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter part 1: dying eggs.

We had a fun Easter weekend with the boys.  I had so many pictures that I decided to split it up into different posts.  Saturday we had a primary breakfast and egg hunt in the morning, and in the evening we colored eggs.  

Earlier in the week Grandma & Grandpa Monson sent an Easter package for the boys.  Here they are showing off their new shirts. 

The night before Easter we dyed eggs with the boys.  It was so much fun for Jake this year.  He was so artistic and wanted to put the eggs in the dye all by himself.  I guess he's growing up.
Austin also had lots of fun.  He colored the eggs really well and had a blast!
Here's Jake putting his egg into the dye.  He's so focused!

The boys!
Showing off an egg!

Ooo!
The final product!

Don't mind me.  I didn't get ready that day!  (Oh, do you notice how Jake decorated my jeans?  I had about twenty Easter stickers to show off!)
Gary had finished putting Austin's new bed together that day, so we decided to let him try it out.  He was so excited!

Jake was just as excited as Austin; they were so hyped up after a fun day.  The first night didn't go very well.  At first it was cute, because they were giggling and excited, but after hours of not sleeping, Jake was tired and getting annoyed at Austin.  We kept checking up on them, and Jake would be covering his head, and Austin was running around the room. At about midnight, Gary moved Austin back into his crib.  Neither of the boys had fallen asleep yet.  Luckily, since that night, Austin has actually fallen asleep at normal time.  We have yet to try him in the bed at nap time.  I'm afraid of how he'll do!  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I am dying over these Easter posts. Your boys are getting so big, and are getting cuter every day. I love their easter outfits and them in the ties. Seriously so cute. I'm glad I could see your pregnant belly too! You look awesome. You are an awesome pregnant lady. I hope these last few weeks go well for you. Those two cuties are going to be here before you know it. Yeah!!! Love you. PS... Thanks for the help with the blessing outfit. I ended up finding a cute linen vest with matching pants and a cute blue tie that I'll put with a white button up shirt. He's going to look so handsome. (even though my mom isn't too happy he's not wearing all white... oh well)

    ReplyDelete