Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Our Mississippi Yard.

Well we've been here just two weeks short of one year! Mississippi is VERY different from Utah, but we are still enjoying our time here. We've also found many creepy crawlers here that we don't have back home, and when it's our time to leave, I hope they stay here!


This was in our garage.


Isn't this gross! Gary put his phone next to it to prove how huge it was!


I think this is what we hear making "hissing" noises every night here in the south.


Do you see the baby birds? We found these cute babies in our fern on our porch!


Here is the fern; the mommy was smart to find such a great hiding place for her young!


This is funny, the watermelon started growing in between the fence.



We pulled it out to save the fence.

Here's a tick that attached itself to Gary's poor leg. OUCH!


I have never in my life seen a caterpillar this large.


And the Grand Finale, this is a Mississippi Garden spider. Oh my goodness creepy! We found this on Saturday. I was freaking out! (Jess, you would have died!)

Here's the last picture before Gary, "The Brave Man," killed it! Phew!

9 comments:

  1. Some of those are really cool, and some are just DISGUSTING! Ick! I think I'll keep my Utah Summers, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew!! Isn't it amazing how you realize how Utah doesn't really have bugs? Like, at all? Compared to other places anyway! I always thought growing up that Utah had so many gross bugs.. SO not true!! LOL I'm glad you caught/killed most of these :P And those baby birds are so cute!! I had a birds nest in my wreath on my door for awhile LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck, the spider gave me goose bumps!!! I absolutely hate spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, my main stipulation for moving to the South was Pest Control!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sick!!! (okay, I think you're a professional photographer. Your pictures are awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are officially indoctrinated to the south! I am so proud of you, you didn't mention "faint" in a single photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Aubs... you are having quite the experience ;)

    ReplyDelete